Wednesday, 25 September 2013

What no Washi

 This weeks challenge at Stampotique is hosted by lovely team mate Astrid and she is inviting us to use Washi tape on our creations. I've been financially challenged lately so searching for ideas and inspiration I reached for my Craft Stamper magazines and found an article in the June 2013 issue showing how to very simply and easily make faux washi tape. I'm super happy making postcards at the moment so here's two. The top one is inspired by the one in Craft Stamper, ie the colours I used and the lay out. Below is one I then made as once I start stamping I can't stop!!!
I do hope you find time to join in the fun, thanks for looking have a wonderful day, Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. Really fab cards Sam! With this technique you don't need washi ;-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant DIY washi, Sam. The first card is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards are so cute. I have been buying some washi, I think that when the weather gets a little colder and all of my fall chores are done, I'll have more time to journal and that I will use it there. I love how you weaved it like a basket, very clever :)
    Have fun crafting.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Sam, I love your hand made washi tape xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, love love both the ideas and the realisation !!! I have to confess you something: each time I come on your blog I tell me: "I MUST follow that and do it myself " hahaha ! A proof of great DT work my lovely, isn't it? ! :o)) Hugs to you and Poppy, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to make your own. Love it , Sam !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are super postcards, Samantha, but I am partial to the second--perhaps because they contain newer Stampotique stamps with which I am familiar! Good on you for making the washi tape rather than buying it!! There is a saying that "when times get tough, the tough go shopping!" However, my version is "when times get tough, the crafty person makes her own!" And, you have done just that! Hugs to you and Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your washi tape and brilliant designing on your postcards.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful faux Washi tape Sam and adore your postcards - is this going to be a future theme I ask myself???? I'm always financially challenged so always looking for ways to make do :)
    Huge hugs to you and Poppy
    Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fab postcards Sam, your washi tape looks great! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x