Wednesday, 30 October 2013

In Creases . . .

It's Wednesday again which can mean only one thing . . . another challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog. The whole team are inviting you to make a card with more than one fold!
I opted for a Diamond Fold card as you can see, I love these little pop up cards and it was also made for my lovely friend Coco who creates amazing things with Stampotique stamps so do check out her blog here.

Here's how to make a Diamond Fold card: 
Draw a vertical pencil line through the centre of a horizontal piece of paper/card cut to 12"(30.5cm) x 3.75" (9.5cm). Fold the bottom two edges upwards to meet the pencil line. Unfold. Repeat with the top edges (folding downwards). This gives you two folded crosses. To the right and left of the pair of crosses, fold to create the side panels. Compress the sides inwards to form 'hills and valleys' and in doing so, the diamond card.

I then painted my card with contrasting Martha Stewart paints and the stamps I used are: Stacked Love, 5 Petaled Flower, Design Cube and HazelHeart.
I do hope you like my card and find time to join in the challenge.
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours, mix of stamps and design Sam.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm you're turning very very romantic, Sam!! :-)

    Beautiful folded card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink and green color combo, Samantha, and France's stars make a perfect background for your love card! Lucky Coco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, love it!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my lovely Sam, for all... :) And this card is mine, whoop whoop !!!! Adorable, I love my card !!! Huge Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Fold is amazing....Sam. I have not seen a card like this. Nicely done.
    sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute Sam, it looks like you had fun with this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...love those fancy folds Sam! Such pretty colours too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving your very pretty card Sam, beautifully designed, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, great colours ! Love Roc's love stamp !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your card. i love the colors! thanks for using one of my rubber stamps to create it! it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the best example of this fold I have seen Sam. My own efforts have been rubbish!! Love it and love how you have decorated it too.
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Samantha, I already left some love here, but I forgot to tell you (as a word nerd) how much I smiled when I read the title of this post! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant card, I love the colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really is beautiful Sam, I love the colours - gorgeous card. Hope you and Poppy have a fabulous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it Sam, such a nice delicate colours and great design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x