Friday, 4 October 2013

Stone the Crows

Isn't it funny how and when inspiration strikes, I was attempting to do some gardening a few weeks ago when I found hidden under some overgrowth some really big pebbles that we bought back from the seaside about 15 years ago. I managed to drop one of these pebbles on my foot and cursed, "Stone the Crows!!". I then got to thinking about trips to the seaside as a small child and I remember on the sea front ladies selling large pebbles that had been painted with a local scene, I loved these pebbles but never got one. Then I got to thinking about decorating my garden pebble with stamps . . . of course! So I chose the stamps and got to work, beginning by painting the pebble green and then pink. I stamped Moon Girls Crow on tissue paper and cut out, I also stamped the Whole Heart sentiment on tissue paper. I stuck them in position using some PVA glue mixed with water 50/50. I used the heart from Tiny Hand Helds for extra detail and the spotty side from Design Cube to add the brown to blend it all together.
Hope you like it, wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Sam. The pink shouldn't work with pebbles and crows but it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam, love this painted pebble, you literally did stone this crow didn't you? Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam this is gorgeous, I've admired decorated pebbles for ages, but never did anything about it. I love this xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly magnificent Sam. Love the colours and choice of stamp ♥

    Hope you have a lovely weekend huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, this is brilliant! Can't believe how perfectly you stamped on this stone! When I was stamping rock for my Stampotique DT application, I was grateful each rock had two sides! ;-) You have inspired me to try and paint first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must go looking for pebbles because this is great ! Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh I love painting stones and love your one, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love stamping on rocks, Samantha, but now will try painting. Thanks for the inspiration...this is lovely...even if it does have a crow on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a brilliant idea. I've always liked pebble drawings/paintings but like you never bought one.

    Superb result too, very inspiring. {Off to search the garden to find likely candidates}

    Best wishes

    Billie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! It looks fab Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just an adorable stone Sam, I MUST try to paint on stones (and do something like yours) !!! HUGS Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely Sam. I have to buy some...ok a house with a garden ;-) and then embellish it pieces like this one. Hope to have the chance to see more painted pebbles from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Stone the Crows stone Sam although it wouldn't have been stone the crows I'd have said if I'd dropped it on my foot :D It is great fun doing these though. I have one on the window sill I painted and decorated as an underwater scene and glued some small seashells to it.
    Love the colours you used on yours :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x