Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Splat!!

This weeks challenge at Stampotique might possibly be one of my favourites! The whole team are inviting you to use a 'Splat' in your creation. Splats are very trendy right now so we hope to see lots of you joining in and having fun getting messy :)
My Splat creation is a postcard measuring 6in x 4in, and the stamps I used are: Paris Postcard, a great stamp if you need a little text or space filler or just to add another layer. Bird in a cage, I'd not really used this stamp before even though I just love it, I think I shall use it more often now!! Daniel's Hearts a brilliant classic Stampotique stamp, I white embossed and then coloured in for my postcard. Be Grateful again a stamp I love but hadn't really used, it's great! Finally Splatter Long for extra splats. All of the colouring and splatting and some of the stamping is done using Derwent watercolour pencils and a water brush.
 I do hope you like it as I had great fun making it.
Wishing you a fab day, Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. A fabulous mix of stamps Sam, love the splats.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Sam. Like what you've done with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am not a great fan of splats, but your creation is so pretty, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeously splatted postcard, love it Sam
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Samantha! By title alone, this seems an unlikely combination of stamps, but, all I can say is, you rocked this challenge! Love these stamps together, love the placement of them, and love the colors you have chosen for this great postcard!! Sweet use of Daniel's hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't beat a good splatter! Your postcard is gorgeous Sam...love the birdies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unlike Netty I'm a fan of splats !! And I love your project, so lovely !!!! HUGS Coco xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great splats here! AND..I LOVE the derwent wc pencils...my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Sam, who would have thought that splats could be so pretty! This is a lovely piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty . . . great job. Love the spats and the color choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Sam! Love all those splatter and the hearts and the little bird that look at the caged bird...

    Have a nice start of the week, thanks for the kind words you left me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x