Sunday, 8 December 2013

Rockin' Robins

Robins are quite possible my favourite bird, they always look so cheeky and proud with their bright red chests. So for the latest challenge at Crafty Indiviuals I couldn't resist using this Alice Palace stamp for my festive postcard. I started off with plain white card and with a baby wipe applied a thin layer of the neutral colour and used my stamp of the moment, Design Cube from Stampotique to make the backgroud, it was a bit bright so again using the baby wipe I applied a thin layer of Gesso. I stamped the Robin twice on tissue paper to get the mirrored image and painted on the reverse of each. I doodle the holly in the corners and finished with glitter, beeswax and a bit of distressing.
I hope you like it, thanks for looking.
Have a great day, Sam xxx

16 comments:

  1. Super cool card, Sam. Love your techniques, my favourite bird is a Robin too.
    Good Luck with the Challenge.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun this is, Sam! I have a love affair with all birds, but the robin was the first one I could identify as a child. I learned this, too: "Spring has sprung. How do I know? I saw a robin in the snow!" I love seeing the round belling of the "lady" robins in the Spring! Love your art here! I have to agree that there seems to be a pride is puffing out that red breast! You have used France's design cube to the max on this background, which is thereby filled with wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented
    love your new posted card
    It is gorgeous
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your postcard Sam and am sure it smells divine, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Sam and very festive indeed. Great idea to have the two robins admiring each other! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the same image twice, but one mirrored. Really like this postcard !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Admired this on the UK Stampers forum. It's an absolute beauty, Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Sam I do love it :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done Sam, lovely background and reflecting robin images.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Sam!! and brilliant idea to reflect the robins like that !!! You should do the same with Poppy heehee...^_^ Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, It's a little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and background!!! bizz

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the queen of beeswax, Sam. You even reversed the stamp...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant use of the robin stamp and I like the inclusion of the beeswax, adds such depth.
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals December Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Sam, I love those robins! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x