Sunday, 5 January 2014

Barking up the right tree

Here is a very rare thing indeed. Something I made not involving stamps but involving sewing!!! I can't sew for toffee or toast but once in a blue moon I get the urge to pick up a needle and thread. 
The little dog is made of felt and it was the first thing I made for Jack, my new Grandson when my daughter told me she was expecting which was back in May last year. I copied it 100% from a book, a book I can no longer find so can't give proper credit, sorry.
Then a few weeks ago I made a wire frame and stuck the dog on and simply tied ribbons around the edge, it's now hanging on Jack's nursery tree, I'm sure there will be quite an eclectic collection hanging from those branches soon!
Wishing you a fab day, Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. Samantha you created stunning tree
    I love the dog for your grandoughter
    It is so sweet
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as cute as your dog, Poppy. Look forward to following your blog in 2014.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For somebody that can't sew you did a good job !!! Love the idea of a nursery tree and your doggie looks great in it.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute and I love the idea of a nursery tree, brill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and how lovely that it was a present for Jack.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous, Sam. I'm sure Jack will treasure it (if he doesn't put it in his mouth first lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Sam! Looking forward to seeing more tree decs :)
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the cutest dog and creative make I have ever seen!!!! Well done for Jack, I'm sure he will have the most lovely tree of the UK very soon! Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cute dog and his ring of ribbons. What a great idea to have a Nursery Tree for Jack :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam, this adorable!
    The perfect present.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Certainly, for someone who is not a seamstress, this is just a remarkable project! I can only wonder if the "tree" is one of those twigs that Floppy Poppy Do Dah brings home from her walks!!! Seriously, Sam, this is a keepsake that you have created for Jake (unless, of course, if he dismantles it when he is 2!). Thanks for sharing! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the cutest little dog ever!!! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x