Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Something New?

It's Wednesday which can mean only one thing in my house, it's a new challenge theme at Stampotique Designers Challenge blog and fellow teamie Kaz is our hostess and here is what she has to say:
"I am just a little bit nosey, so for this challenge I'd like you to use something that Santa brought you! Don't worry if you didn't get crafty stash, just use something that you recently bought for yourself. If you really want to, you could make something with the theme of something new as well. Just make sure you enjoy making it."
Santa didn't bring me any thing new for my stash so I reached for an old canvas and turned it the wrong way around and discovered this little nook ready for some treasure. I covered the whole thing with tissue paper to cover where the canvas was attached etc and then painted with blues and white. I stamped Seaweed on tissue paper and painted red on the reverse. I stamped Paris Postcard directly on to the canvas for another layer of detail and to fill the space a little, then using pva glue stuck down the Seaweed image and added the detail with glossy accents. The heart was a charm that had been hanging around for ages.
Please check out the blog for details of how to join the challenge and for how you can possibly win $30 of Stampotique vouchers.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. WOW Sam, this is so gorgeous! I love it

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Sam, the single heart stands out so prominently even though it is recessed. Great background and colours.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is absolutely gorgeous ! I love the colour combination and the way you used the seaweed stamp. I have it too and although I love the image I struggle to use it.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of the red and blue! Terrific design and texture, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just been catching up with this years posts of here - fabulous work Sam and I so love the little felt dog - and adore Jack's first Christmas star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the textured background provided by the tissue paper. Seaweed works so well on this non-nautical piece...who knew? Beautiful heart that commands center state. Well choreographed, my friend! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful Sam and I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous & inspiring!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many reasons I love this - the gorgeous use of colour (unlike me who cannot use colour!), that pop of red is stunning against the blue. Also that adorable use of the wee nook and your use of canvas, what must be one of my favourite items to play with.
    Sam, I read your sweet comment at my Blog but it is me who is glad to have found your Blog. Your art is so different from what I create but how inspiring your use of colour and your whimsical creations.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Santa didn't bring me any crafty stash either Sam! He obviously didn't understand the hints I dropped oh so unsubtly :) Love this canvas and the little nook too for some treasure, beautiful colours.
    Hugs to you and poppy
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Sam, I love the Glossy Accents on Seaweed and the heart is perfect in the centre xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a masterpiece Sam, love love love love it !!! Huge Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the inset heart. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x