Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Stars

I'm very excited to be the hostess at Stampotique Designers Challenge this week and I chose 'Stars' as the theme, stars are great for a main image or as an accent, or even both. I don't know one person who doesn't enjoy looking at the stars. Stars fill us with a sense of fascination and wonderment. Earliest societies mapped and traced stars. The speed of light is 186,000 miles per second and because stars are so distant, many of them millions of light years away means we look in to the sky from the distant past. 
For my little hanging canvas I combined a few of my favourite things, girls, flowers, hearts and stars. Not forgetting a little glitter and yummy smelling beeswax!
I do hope you join in the challenge, I can't wait to see what you make. Don't forget just by entering you are in with a chance of winning a $30 voucher to spend at Stampotique.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

19 comments:

  1. A beautiful design Sam, I just love the background and images you have used.
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The bright colour works so well with this project.... Lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Sam :)
    Love the glimmer

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your colourful take on this weeks challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your project Sam, it's so bright and cheery. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of all these stamps, Sam! Of course, I love Hazel, but what is SO beyond creative is your use of the heart banner hanging off the bottom of your miniature work of art! Love it---and the challenge! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I probably said before, I am not too keen on Hazel but you manage to make her look beautiful !! I might even have to buy a Hazel…. I love your little canvas, it's super !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely Sam!!! and I love stars too, as I'm a deep daydreamer...:) Great idea for this challenge! Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely little canvas and I love the colours
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful challenge, Sam, and a beautiful inspiration piece here! Love Hazel--of course!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Sam! I just love the combination of cerise & aqua together, so pretty!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely girly pink frame and all sparkly too - my granddaughter would adore this in her bedroom :) Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pink is the perfect color for this magical canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is absolutely stunning - loving what you are doing with these stamps

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your canvas is a bright star, Sam!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those hanging hearts are so sweet and love the way she is clutching that silver star - so adorable.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! Utterly adorable hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x