Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Things with Wings

It's a special day today as today is the first time Arwen is our hostess at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, and she is inviting us to use wings in our creations. Here is what Arwen had to say:
Wings have something mystical for me. 
Angels have wings, fairies, my favorite animal: the bat :) 
 Love and positive feelings give wings. 
Today I would like to see what gives you wings. 
I am very curious about your creations 
It's been a little while since I decorated a box, and I apologise for not a great photo but with all the rain clouds that have been around it's getting hard to find lovely daylight!
I stamped straight on to the box using: Tall Word Collage, Bird In Cage and Trees. I then coloured with Prismacolour Pencils and covered with a thin layer of beeswax to seal.

20 comments:

  1. A sweet little box, I really must try using beeswax more it gives such a fabulous finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh wow! This is just gorgeous!! Xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your box Sam. It's wonderful

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this little box it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your pretty little box Sam, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your box, Sam. So pretty !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sam, great stamping. We've not had any sun either for what feels like weeks xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely gorgeous box Sam, love the colours and stamps you have used.
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful box Sam, stunning images and colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty box!! I should try to use my Beeswax as you do Sam, but each time I'm reluctant to do it, so afraid to waste all my past efforts leading to a messy result... :( But on your makes that looks always fab! :D Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a darling little box Sam! Would be perfect for a baby's first curl! ;o)
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sam I love this box for so many reasons:- it has a lovely touch of whimsy to it. I wish I could be more whimsical with my creations but I don't seem to have it in me LOL. The colours are gorgeous and I absolutely love the addition of the beeswax.
    This should be in one of those little card/gift boutique shops.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. An adorable little box in which to store one's secrets! OK, too much imagination, perhaps, but I can see storing little trinkets for safe keeping. I am with Coco on using the beeswax to finish a project. Perhaps she and I could come sit at your crafty table and your could show us? Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely box Sam, the colours are fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely Sam! Gorgeous natural effect of the wood below the stamped image.
    Have a creative week, and a caresse to Poppy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x