Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Clearly Celestial

I love Wednesdays! It's a new challenge day at Stampotique and today it's team mate Corrie's first time being our hostess with the mostess and she is inviting us to use acetate in your creations. I confess this was quite a challenge for me, acetate is not something I usually reach for when getting inky and messy, and usually when I'm stuck I reach for favourite stamps, Moon Girl!, and go back to my arty roots which is canvas and stars and moon.
I turned my canvas the wrong way around and painted white to disguise staples etc. The background paper was made using distress inks and Tall Word Collage and Design Cube stamps. Then came the acetate bit, I stamped Heart Vine and Squiggle Arms on acetate and cut out, stuck down with glue and hid the glue with Carol's Flower small, the fact that you can see the glue through acetate is what always initially puts me off using the stuff but I like this and it takes the frame in to the central image and gives a lovely layered effect. I think I shall use acetate more often now.
Remember just by entering you are in with a chance to win $30 that's almost £18 to spend at Stampotique!!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. Moon girl looks perfectly at home on your fabulous canvas Sam. I love the block words in the background and the acetate in the corners. Great job xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam what a great framed project you have made ...... It's lovely!
    I think your right about acetate, it's like vellum puts people off sometimes but you idea to cover with a flower works so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauuu
    so beautiful
    you can touch the stars with your art
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sam & Poppy, the gorgeous moon girl is back and looking as stunning as ever. Beautiful crafted and individual as always, love it. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you can do with a blank canvas, Sam! Moon Girl is so lucky to be one of your favorite images, and you two are a "perfect pair"! This is just lovely! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Challenge you say, I don't believe you for one moment!
    The use of acetate is so creative and adds an extra dusting of magic to this magical creation - I always use this word (so predictable am I!) but it is so whimsical, adore it.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super canvas, Sam! Love all the word stamps on this one. Your frame is just beautiful! Mwah! KayW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww so cute and nice use of the acetate here. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Sam, Moongirl looks perfect here, and I love the words in her background xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Sam, great use of this set of stamps together and acetate is just the icing on the cake! this is very beautiful!!! Big hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your inside out canvas Sam and Moongirl is my favourite of all the Stampotique stamps. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous Sam, fab colours and is that a hint of sparkle on Moongirl's wings?
    Hugs to you and Poppy
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of Happy Birthday!!!! Have a nice day, Sam!

    Second...gorgeous frame, with all the things that you love most: your fave stamp, the stars, a lovely colours. Very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Sam! I love MoonGirl too, & love how you used the acetate!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your canvas, it's fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x