Monday, 24 February 2014

It's a whopper!

 Just lately I have been getting itchy fingers and wanting to work on BIGGER things, so this is a whopper for me coming in at 20inches x 16inches!! I took some inspiration from a new book Mindy Lacefield, Sweet Surrender. It's a lovely book with lots of samples of her work, a real treat for the eyes :) 
I can be quite a control freak and I struggle with myself when making things I like everything to be 'just so', so for this make which I'm giving to Jack for his room I just went with the flow. Here's a picture of Jack all wrapped up, he just get's more and more gorgeous!!
In case you are wondering the bear I featured in my canvas for Jack belongs to Jack's Mummy and his name is Picnic, he is a very loved, precious bear indeed. 
I couldn't do a post without a Stampotique stamp so here is Picnic having a party, waving some Banner flags
Here he is with his portrait, I couldn't draw him so I just lay him on the canvas and drew around him!
Thanks for looking at my little blog.
Wishing you a very happy day, Sam xxx


14 comments:

  1. Very very cute bear and love your canvas it is so bright and colourful. This will look amazing on your Grandson's wall :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and all the bright colours are just perfect for a baby they love bright colours and the bear of course. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sam Jack is gorgeous :) He is going to love the fabulous canvas you created, it is magnificent and love the teddy bear. A very cheerful, happy canvas ideal for a youngster's bedroom. Thank you for sharing this beauty :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab - just fab! Jack is way too cute Sam - he's going to love this piece and what an heirloom! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a massive change doing a canvas that big! I have been thinking of trying to do a canvas this size myself, seeing yours has inspired me to try and have a go.... Jack looks so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo for stepping outwith your comfort zone:- working on a larger scale and no stamping.
    Jack is such a lucky little boy to have art created for his own room. This will be treasured for every and rightly so.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack is going to be entranced by all the colours on your childrens canvas, wow he is certainly growing and a little darling. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo this is fabulously cute and adorable!!!! What a gorgeous canvas for Jack and his mum too tee-hee, great work Sam! I love the whimsical and poetic scene you have built up also, really nice. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet canvas and perfect for Jack's room, he looks such a cutie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Picnic is gorgeous and reminds me so much of a bear that was (may still is?) sold in the U.S. called a Care Bear. Both my children, now 30-something and 40-something, had them. You have done a beautiful job creating a beautiful canvas for Jack including this bear that I am sure is very special to his Mum! So thoughtful, Sam! You just might win "Grandma of the Year!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful colourful canvas, Jack is such a cutie and he'll love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous piece of nursery decor! Little Jack is such a cutie too!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how I missed this. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x