Wednesday, 26 March 2014

A Challenge of the Vintage Kind . . .

Amazing artist and team mate France is setting the challenge at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog this week and she has chosen the theme of 'Vintage', here's what France says:


‘Hello lovely Stampotiquers,Lots of us get so excited when we get our hands on an old ledger, old books, or old family photos even from people we don’t know. But those are often hard to come by, or very expensive.Because of that, lots of us became very agile in making new things look old. Using inks, paper distressing tools and yummy techniques.How about we combine all that love for all things vintage and all those yummy techniques with our favorite stamps, to create a vintage looking Stampotique piece?Can’t wait to see where that leads you! Ready? Create!’Personally I REALLY, REALLY struggle with vintage and I never feel like I have achieved the look I aim for so don't be hard on me!! 



In the end I found some inspiration for my card from this post on past Stampotique DT member Jane's blog, it's fabulous Jane :)Stamps I used are: Tall Word Collage, Word Collage, Flying Heart, Hello! and Banner.Hope you can join the fun, just by having a go you are in with a chance of winning $30 to spend at Stampotique! 
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

19 comments:

  1. wow have never seen so many words on a card Sam, fab project. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love all the words in the background. Very cool and Vintagey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is lovely !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't 'do' vintage either Sam! I do like this piece very much though and love the words.
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece Sam, loved reading all the words lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool to look to our teammates for inspiration when we are lacking. I did check out Janet's February post and your have not strayed far from your inspiration, but have definitely made this one your own! Way to go, Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Typography goes Vintage, brilliant idea, love it a lot!!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think you did a great job in marrying vintage with your style! isn't that the hardest thing? thank you so much for stepping out of your comfort zone to create this little beauty!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, you make me smile Sam, because I don't find it really vintage, just a bit, thanks to the phone and the typographic style of the words lol!... However it's very beautiful, sure!! :D Big hugs to Poppy and you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with vintage Coco and that's as close as I can get!! lol xx

      Delete
  10. Love it Sam, gorgeous colours - vintagy yet still a happy Sam piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your bright vintage piece and the use of all those words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those old retro phones that you used in this project!
    What a clever idea how you used all those words, I will say now that may be my inspiration of another project so, is it ok I keep your idea in my head for a project at a later date!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Love the whole idea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the use of the words as the background and also love that retro phone.
    This is Vintage with a twist of Sam to it with that great colour palette.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the retro feel!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x