Monday, 24 March 2014

Working on balsa wood is lovely, it is light and smooth to stamp on so that is what I do!

I started off with some Balsa wood and gave it a very thin layer of Gesso using a baby wipe, enough Gesso to cover but not hide the grain of the wood or there's no point working on wood. I then applied the pink and yellow paint again with a baby wipe. I stamped Seaweed, Dotted Line and the cat in the cage directly on to the wood. Then stamped and coloured on white card the cat and base of the cage and the dog and stuck in place. I stamped the sentiment which is part of I feel happy inside stamp and hand drew the circular squiggles. Oh before I did the stamping on to the wood I used a mask to get the diamond effect with Gesso that was left on the baby wipe.


Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. So cute and so bright!

    Smiles, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that's brilliant Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly adorable project Sam :)) Hugs Coco xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Sam, when you use just "pieces'n'parts" of the Stampotique stamps, as it makes our investment in these wonderful stamps even more valuable! Love your scratchy circles in this piece, especially surrounding your title! Nicely choreographed, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this and you gave me another idea. I have never used balsa wood but my hubby builds model aero planes and uses, you guessed it, tons of balsa. I will have a rummage through his stuff when he is not looking, lol.....
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful Sam, I always love your colour and stamp combinations xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright & pretty Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, your pieces made of balsa are really outstanding! Gorgeous stamped images and background, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Sam, love the cat and Snoopy of course!! :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sam
    Sorry I haven't been around much lately.
    Oh this makes me feel soooooooooo happy inside as does all your art. I love the joy that oozes from your art. Adore that dog.
    Hope you and Poppy are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really fun, love the colours .... just brilliant!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x