Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Feeling Chilly

The Disney film Frozen inspired this make, there is a cute little snowman in the film called Olaf, every time I saw him I thought of this Stampotique Snowman!
Wonderful artist and team mate Val is our hostess at Stampotique this week and here is what she says:
"Hi everyone! 
 It's Valerie here with this week's challenge! 
 April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, so let's add some flower power to our projects! I'll be excited to see if you stamp some flowers, create faux flowers, use a mask to create a flower background or come up with some other original idea for sprinkling a few petals on your project!"
I have used a photo of a daisy, it stood alone in very cold weather for almost a week before disappearing. I mounted the photo on to a canvas board and then applied modelling pasted and painted blue and white, trying to imitate snow. Stamps I used are: Chilly and Floral Flutter. I stamped them on to plain white card and used Broken China distress ink,  where I wanted it to be white I simply painted with some bleach to erase the blue.
Some snowflake brads and glitter finished it off giving it a frosty feel.
Don't forget just by 'having a go' you are in with a chance of winning $30 that's almost £18 to spend at the Stampotique online shop!
Wishing you a warm day, Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. Cute Sam!!! Hope the weather at your place had nothing to do with this piece ;-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's such a wonderful piece of art :) Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly created what's in my heart, Sam! It is almost May, and the temps in the Boston Area are still in the 40's! I am waiting, but losing patience! I love how you have created your scene with both stamped and nature's art! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, I love that you used the snow along with the flowers. Cute quote too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful canvas Sam and love everything about this including that poor lonely daisy amongst the frost :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation of the challenge I think. Love the icy blues; you definitely thought out of the box here.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The idea of incorporating a photograph with the stamps is beyond words!
    The snowman brings you adorable dash of cuteness to the project but the overall style and texture speaks of an amazing mixed media canvas.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how i love what you have created. Love the mixed media, looks like Olaf has melted the snow especially for the daisy. Stunning ArT:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Sam, the first time I saw it I thought WOW, and I bet it's ever better IRL xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely canvas - the snowman's so cute.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so clever - love the snowman admiring the spring flowers - and willing to melt too! Brilliant take on the theme.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very original, Sam. Love the contrast beetwen Spring and Winter.

    Have a great start of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x