Saturday, 24 May 2014

Hanging Around . . .

When my mojo goes on walkabout without me, I turn my mind to something completely different and now that I'm a Grandma it's a great excuse to do something that's just for fun so I made Jack a mobile for above his cot. 
The pine cones were found one day whilst walking Poppy and the felt and been winking at me for some time as were the beads. However the stick is very special. Jack's Grandad Reg, my husband passed away over 11 years ago, and Reg bought this stick back from a holiday a few years before he passed and Reg really treasured this stick. Grandad Reg was a fisherman which is why the green fish is on the mobile and Jacks Daddy really loves penguins. I love flowers, hearts and stars and Vicky chose some of the beads to use. So it's a really special make.
Jack seems very happy with it and will chat to it for 20 minutes in the morning before calling for his Mum or Dad.
As you can see is growing fast and is just getting cuter and cuter and more and more handsome!
Wishing you a lovely weekend, Sam xxx




9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, simply gorgeous, lucky grandson

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Sam such a beautiful and special make for your grandson, am sure he loves it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous post
    so full of love
    have a blessed weekend you too
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super make! I love how all eyes are facing Jack and how cute is he, by the way!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This, then, is a composition of family love, Sam! Beautifully and heartfully created for Jack, who is growing all too quickly! I did not know about Reg, so am glad to know that a special gift from him is included in this piece! Mwah! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post Sam, your special make for Jack is just WONDERFUL... He's going to treasure this I'm pretty sure of that, especially if you tell him later the same story about his grandpa... Well, it's very cute, love it too!!! And Jack is an adorable baby!!!! Big hugs, Coco xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very special piece in so many ways Sam! No wonder Jack loves it!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sam this is just lovely and with lots of story to it as well making it even more special for Jack, and what a gorgeous chap he is too. Even more special is that you are bringing Grandad into his life too.
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very special mobile for a very special boy, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x