Wednesday, 28 May 2014

These are a few of my favourite things . . .

I'm super excited to be hosting this weeks challenge at Stampotique and I would love to see what YOU can create using some of my favourite things. 
I love pink and turquoise together, they work so well, whether bright and happy or delicate hues are used, I also love polka dots, I own so many things that are spotty, Poppy and I even have matching spotty accessories!
For my pink and turquoise spotty creation I used a slide mailer that had been laying around for an age, I removed the front, punched some holes and gave it a coating of gesso and then painted it ivory. I painted some card with pink and turquoise paint and stamped the bird cage, the butterfly and the sentiment, I then glued these to the slides. The dog and butterfly were stamped on white card and coloured, these were then glued on top of the slide, then another slide placed on top, this gives the impression of a background and an image encased in glass, it's hard to show in a photo! Turquoise ribbon was added to the back and then the slides were stuck in place. Beads and wire added decoration and the ability to hand the mailer. 
The stamps I used are:
I really hope to see lots of you join in our challenge and I can't wait to see your wonderful creations.
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

16 comments:

  1. Great challenge Sam. Love your slider ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute hanging Sam. Loved this challenge thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sam--and Poppy! I had so much fun with your challenge today! I wasn't so sure as I began, but, in the end, I have a fun tag that I really like. I really like the hanging you made for this challenge, too! I have those stamps, but have yet to use them. Soon, as I love them. Thanks for inspiring us today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great challenge Sam, I so love your creation, that is one of my favorites sayings too

    ReplyDelete
  5. From top tp bottom your slide mailer hanging is amazing, Sam. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Samantha, gorgeous colours and I love the image. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore this whimsical creation and a fabulously fresh way of creating with a slide mailer .
    Sam, thanks to you and Poppy for your early birthday wishes.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    I've included your name in the CI stamp Giveaway but if you don't want a chance of winning, that is okay, I won't be offended.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this!!!!! Now, I need slide mailer too haha! :)) Have a wonderful day and rest of week Sam, big hugs to you and Poppy too. Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that and the colours are yummy! Love the matching spots as well lol. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this wall hanging ! It is gorgeous !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Sam, it almost looks like stained glass. Love the colours and the images.
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs to you and Poppy xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous art Sam, I really love those colours! Thanks for a great challenge!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Sam, the colours are fab and I just love your pink dog:D It's a wonderful challenge, thank you, I have had the best time creating!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pink and teal are a match in Heaven! And as usual the composition, materials and design are outstanding. Have a great week Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really is gorgeous Sam, the colours work so well together. You've made me want to get out my slides too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have really inspired me with this challenge Sam, love the colour combination very much.

    Your slide mailer is so fantastic, it's great to see them being used again. I have some in my stash somewhere must get them out!

    Thanks again for the inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x