Wednesday, 11 June 2014

A Box of Bones

I was going to ramble about how fast this year was going and how it is only 196 days until Christmas and then I thought no, I don't want to lose any followers, lol :)
 so here's my creation for this weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, our hostess Arwen is inviting us to feature 'Boxs' in our creations.
I got a little wooden box and painted it dark brown, then painted with pva glue and whilst the glue was still wet painted a light brown on top. As the glue dried it made the paint crack :) I then stamped on tissue paper: 3 in a round, barcode text for the Handle with Care and Give the dog a bone for the bones. I painted them on the reverse and stuck down with some pva diluted with water.
For all the details and how you could win $30/£18 to spend at the Stampotique store click here.
Wishing you a fab day, Sam xxx

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant Sam, love it! Who wouldn't want a box of bones? Made me smile ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Sam - this box stunning!
    It is made for me :D
    Beautiful <3

    xoxo Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun themed box, 3 in a round is one of my favourite images and lends itself so well to your clever design.

    Great inspiration as always:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your box Sam, will Poppy keep her treats in it. C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little box of bones, the image on the top is fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, what a delightful box featuring something you love! You achieved a great crackled finish on your project, and I love the addition of the bones! Treats for Poppy inside?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Sam! I recently tried the glue + paint crackle technique for the first time - love it. Three in a Round is one of my fave stamps. Will have to add that to my collection soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Sam this is so cute, I love your little box of bones. I think it's so funny that you know how many days until Christmas too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you could crackle with PVA ! Good tip ! I really love your box. Three in a round is on my (ever expanding) wish list.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great combination of colours and stamps

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, I love your box!!!! And you did a fab painting too on this one which perfectly fits your theme! Great job Sam! Have a wonderful day too, Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fab Sam, I love the crackle! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love doing the pva crackle, so satisfying isn't it? This is a fab box.
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs to you, Poppy and Jack xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Sam, everyone should have a box of bones lol. Christmas really is coming isn't it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x