Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Hound Dog Day

I have found that since my wonderful muse and artistic assitant Poppy came in to my life, routine for her is very important and so in some ways each day is the same for Poppy. I don't 'do' scrapbooking so I have not really documented Poppy's life, except for her facebook page!!
So this weeks challenge at Stampotique hosted by the lovely Gez was the perfect opportunity for me do my first proper art journalling.
It's A4 in size and I had great fun, the background is distress inks and the stamped images were coloured with oil pastels.
I used quite a few stamps for this, they are:
Just click on the blue words to take you to the challenge, Gez's blog or to the stamps :)
Wishing you a very lovely day, Sam xxx



11 comments:

  1. Sam this is gorgeous, love the bright colours and all the woofing that goes on in your day lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love, love,love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may well now hold the record for using the most Stampotique stamps in one project, Sam! I had to check on a couple of them, but found them all! Brilliant work! I also read each of Poppy's diary entries, and found they are much the same as Jake's, except, in his case, it is all about chip monks, not cats! A fun project for us today, and, very definitely, sentimental words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Poppy day looks exhausting, such a fun piece though !

    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and bright Sam, so lovely. I think I may be Poppy as my days are very similar!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful Sam. Just love the hourly installments of a day in the life of Poppy :) It is a beautifully coloured and stamped piece too.
    Enjoy the rest of your week, hugs to you and Poppy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first journal page, looks amazing with all the colors and stamps you have used. Wonderful to see Poppy the center of your page :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful arty account of Poppy's day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab pages! I love the colours and of course I love you choice of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic work and page Sam!!!! Truly and so beautifully inspired by your life and your love for Poppy ! :)And the little cat and dog at the bottom are so cute together!... I love such artwork. Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really wonderful - I sat studying what it is Poppy gets up to, my favourite being .... general mischief. With a face as cute as Poppy it is little wonder general mischief is part of Poppy's evening ritual!
    Maybe we all need to be a little bit more like Poppy!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x