Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Barking up the wrong tree!

Way back in March people every where were trimming trees and I found a lovely little log, I carried it all the way home thinking this will come in handy one day . . . and it did. When I saw team mate Gez was hosting this weeks challenge at Stampotique and the theme Gez chose is 'Christmas In July' I reached for my little log and turned it in to a Yule Log, doggy style. I couldn't resist including a dog in this creation as we all know how fond of trees dogs are ;)
The inspiration also came from a Stampotique stamp called Oh....Tree, I have tried to bring that stamp alive and make it 3D. Considering it is Christmas in July, I also tried to make something that wasn't TOO Christmassy so I can have it displayed all year round, it now sits next to my pc monitor :)
The wire used I painted with brown paint, added the beads and the bones all have their own little hooks. There is a little glitter on the tree branches also.
The stamps I used are:
 Oh.... Tree,  for the heart on the top
Shoogy Dog
Crow Line, for the crow
and finally I used Give The Dog A Bone for the bone
Hoping you can find time to join in this weeks fun challenge :)
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. That's such a clever idea, Sam, and so 'you'. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that, it's brilliant xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, this has to be one of the cutest creations I have even seen! I can just see Poppy dreaming of sitting under a tree just like this one! So clever to have drawn your inspiration from the "Oh...Tree" stamp! Enjoy it year 'round, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, the cutest thing even and I love how the tree base is real wood, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fab Sam my doggies would love it too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, you made the stamp come to life, I love this :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam & Poppy this is my all time favourite creation - this is so special for so many reasons and I have fallen in love with it.
    Witty, clever, cute without being too cutesy, it in fact has it all plus a puppy!!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wire tree and all those juicy bones waiting for Poppy, made me smile. Great interpretation of this weeks challenge and awesome you can display all year round :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant take on the challenge Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant project, and so fun!!!! Really fabulous Sam, your wire tree with all these bones is absolutely terrific :) Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous Christmas creation Sam! Just wouldn't be right without a doggy! ;o)
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant execution of this challenge ! You are very good at making something 'different' !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a genius, Sam! It's so fun, and it reminds me a little bit about Christmas, but it can be displayed all season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous creation Sam, love the tree decorated with bones and bling and the lovely natural stand for it and the doggy. We had a cute doggy come with its owners to view our house yesterday, a real cutey just like as Poppy is a real cutey :)
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's brilliant Sam, and I love that you will get to see it all year round xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo cute Sam!! Love the bone decorations in the tree!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x