Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Blessed be the Books

As I said in yesterdays post I am a stamp floozy and here is my favourite stamp of the moment, this time I have exchanged Skellie's heart for a book and made a bookmark, why? Because this weeks hostess at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog is France and she is inviting us to use our favourite book as inspiration for this weeks challenge theme. I simply couldn't choose just one, so I included as many as I could!
 There is nothing like a good book to get lost in and escape the every day. My favourite series of books have told the adventures of Artemis Fowl and his fairy friends, written by Eoin Colfer for older children they were perfect for me. Most books I read are animal stories and I highly recommend Wesley, the story of an owl, Last Dog On The Hill and One Dog At A Time. I think the sign of a good book is one that stays in your heart years after you have read, a book that really touches you deeply will be with you forever.
My bookmark is personal to me, as art is, I put a lot of me in to what I make, but this one is also for a swap on the Roc Nicholas Facebook page which can be found here. If you have any of Roc's stamps, please join the group and join the fun. If that's not for you please remember that by joining in this weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog you are in with a chance of winning $30 to spend at the Stampotique online store :)
The stamps I used are:
Thanks for visiting my blog, wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. Someone is going to be very lucky when they receive this bookmark - Tis a beauty.
    And you say stamp floozy lol you are wonderful hunny wonderful -MWAH xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to include as many books as possible on a bookmark!! (Why didn't I think of that?? lol)
    Whoever gets this bookmark in the swap is one lucky bird. Just saying!
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you chose more than one book, this is so awesome I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, fun and pretty original bookmark, Sam.
    I love read your lines about books and reading, it's the same for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to add as many books as possible onto a bookmark, just perfect for the challenge. Loving the dots of colour and Skellie's painted toes :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea to make a bookmark ! I love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam & Poppy
    Sorry for my absence, enforced absence from blogland so if I am ever on the quiet side it isn't because I have forgotten either of me.
    I am a Bookworm so this appeals to me on so many levels and I completely relate to you not being able to single out one book. I also love this post aside from that Fabulously quirky bookmark, also because you share with us that what you create has a little bit of you in. I think we all guessed that what you create is art with heart.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another of your very clever designs, love how you have included the books you enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Sam! Gorgeous and bright xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous bookmark Sam, Skellie is just wonderful in orange, with his book in hands and the stacked boxes under the feet!! I WANT it!!!!! :-o) I wish I could play... not sure yet however, I have so much to do before I can take some good time in holidays. HUGS (A special hug to Poppy too) Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your books and the book page background, perfect for a bookmark :)
    Have a wonderful weekend and hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Sam, love how you've added the book titles. Someone is going to be very lucky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful bookmark, Sam, with lots of fun and interest thrown in, too! Great way to show more than one "favorite" book, eh? Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x