Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Being Brave

I don't normally comment on things so sad but yesterday the world lost a wonderful man, Robin Williams. A great human being, he has made me laugh and cry. I didn't know until his passing that he suffered with depression and I spent the whole day feeling so sad that someone who made so many people over the globe so happy could be feeling so lost and alone. Depression is so real and so sad and it makes each day a struggle to survive and is often hidden behind smiles disguising the pain. I think Robin Williams tried very hard indeed to sing his bravest song.
Whilst thinking of Robin Williams I made the above canvas for this weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, our hostess is Kathi and she is inviting us to use 'Music' as our inspiration, here's is what Kathi says:

"I love music and enjoy most genres ranging from liturgical music to rap, from classical to head-bangin' rock! Music fills my soul and moves me emotionally and physically.

Let's see how music inspires you! Use song lyrics, music notation, or words associated with music in your project and share it with us!

Have fun! I can't wait to see what you all create!"

For my creation I took a canvas board and covered it with torn book pages to begin with. I stamped Moth Fab on some white card and coloured her in, the colours I chose for her I stayed with for the background too. I love pink and turquoise together and the splash of yellow gives it that extra zing!
I stamped Polka Dots in yellow and turned them in to daisies, I added hearts and stars and stamped the sentiment. 
The stamps I used:
Typewriter Alpha for the sentiment
Agatha Star for the star
and Tiny Handhelds for the heart
I do hope you join in the challenge for this week, you could win $30 to spend at the Stampotique Online Store
Wishing you a fab day, keep singing, Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. A fantastic tribute to a wonderful funny and much loved comedian. Your page is beautiful and very poignant, thank you for a lovely post :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Sam ! I love pink & Turquoise too and you are right, the yellow gives it some extra umph ! Love how the little white flowers match the background behind Moth Fab. Pulls it all together nicely ! Well done !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous page, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your words capture how so many of us feel about his death.
    This is beautiful - it is fun but there is something so touching about this canvas. I absolutely love that sentiment.
    Wishes to you and Poppy
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful creation Sam and yes we are all mourning the loss of such a generous man. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun love the colours :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a truly beautiful piece of art and so glad that you mentioned the struggle of Robin Williams. Many of us struggle each day just to make it through, and art helps us do just that. Whether we are creating it (as you have) or enjoying it (as I have), it is an important piece of survival! Thank you for sharing this today. Moth Fab is perfect for this message, Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous make and tribute to Robin Williams, I also loved him... His death is really sad indeed. You are a lovely lady Sam. Hugs, Coco xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Sam. Love the colours and how you did the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh...this is gorgeous Sam! A wonderful tribute to Robin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely tribute Sam and a fabulous make. Love and hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really beautiful Sam, and such a poignant piece. I think Robin Williams's death has saddened us all. His tv series and films have been like a backdrop to our lives xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous canvas Sam and a wonderful tribute to the great and funny man himself.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x