Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Buzzing About Flowers

This year seems to be passing extremely quickly, even faster than last year. This summer particularly has been and gone in the blink of an eye. Whilst out walking Poppy I can see plenty of evidence that Autumn is just around the corner so I hope summer keeps going for a little longer or it's going to feel like an awfully long winter!

Kristen is our hostess at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and she has chosen the theme of 'Flowers', he is what she has to say:
 "We may be nearing towards the end of summer, and for most, the flowers are fully bloomed, but for me, some of the best flowers are yet to come.  I love the gigantic sunflowers and the autumn mums, and for that reason, I challenge you to use flowers in your creations this week. Have fun !"

I got an old stamp block, with the stamp removed. NOT a Stampotique stamp I hasten to add!!! 
I glued some dried flowers on with matt medium and then stamped Medium Bee on to the block and coloured with Prismacolour pencils. Then I gave the whole thing a coating of beeswax and added some flat rope around the outside edges to finish.
It is like having a little bit of summer to keep forever :)

Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

16 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous!! Love your flowers and the Bee fits perfect! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Samantha, a stunning canvas. So much colour and your bee is so beautiful. The wax finish brings that warmth oozing off your ArT:-) xxx

    Hope you and Poppy are enjoying seeing the changes, this year has definitely flown:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea for the wood block Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly an amazing piece of art, Sam! So clever to have used the wood block for your substrate. Love the flowers, all in fall colors! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I never thought to use the dried flowers in this way, and covered with beeswax. It's brilliant, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, I love the dried flowers you glued to the bottom, how cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Sam. Great way to recycle your old blocks too. As I said before, you always come up with something different ! Love it.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is genius Sam, and absolutely beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Sam! I can see it in a cottagae shop with a nice little price tag attached!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam, I love your block and it is perfect for this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very clever and artistic idea Sam. Love the pressed flowers and bumble bee. :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to use like that an old stamp block! I love this Sam, love your bee and of course all your dried flowers, that's very beautiful. Hope it will help Summer and sun to stay a bit longer with all of us.. :) Sending you a lot of hugs from here, I'm leaving in two hours for one week to do camping at seaside with my daughters, I'm so affraid!!! :D Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought I'd commented on this - but clearly not :/ Soooo here goes...I absolutely adore this and it is one of those pieces that I keep coming back too and looking at! I'm sure if it were in my possession it would be regularly stroked too!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING!
    This is so inventive. I haven't managed to press flowers this year but it is something I have enjoyed doing but never ever used them in such a creative way. That bee looks so at home.
    This really is a beautiful project.
    Wishes to you and Poppy.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Sam, this really feels like a dusky summers day and I can hear the bees humming whilst visiting the gorgeous flowers.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x