Friday, 15 August 2014

In The Dog's House

I'm still crazy about postcards and would like to share this postcard with you as my spot for Roc Nicholas' design team for August. Regular visitors will instantly recognise this dog as a stamp I have used a lot, it's just so versatile, you can alter the eyes and there are endless dressing up or down possibilities ;)
I began by making the border and then it just took on a life all of it's own, all of the colour is Prismacolour pencils, they are so dreamy to use and if you blast the colouring with a heat gun they blend beautifully because they are so waxy.
The stamps I used are:
Flying Bird (for the tufts of grass)
You can find all of Roc's stamp designs at the Stampotique online shop
(Don't tell Poppy but she was my model!!)
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. Fun and funky, loving it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely Sam and the colours are georgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty postcard, love the whimsical house it is a fab shape, thanks for the lovely inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sam. So clever how you used the bird for the tufts of grass too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely as usual, Sam. I love postcards too !!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - I don't know why but that little dog makes me laugh! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam, it's great to start blogging again and look at this lovely postcard among the first makes of my friends I missed these two last weeks!!! This is adorable, I love the Roc's stamps you used here, and the prismacolour pencils look great indeed. Sending you big hugs to you and Poppy, have a wonderful week-end Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your funky, bright postcard Sam, it made me smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Sam. Love the house and your signature pink dog!

    Have a nice Sunday you and Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is adorable. Just love the crooked house and the cute doggy. Lovely border too :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fab Sam, I love your girlie dog, and the tufts of grass are genius! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great postcard for your August "Roc" piece, Sam! Like you, I am at home anywhere my dog is! I love Roc's crocked house, and you have used it here perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Sam, it's fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops, not sure if my comment for the bee with pressed flowers actually worked, I hope so.
    This makes my heart melt because I know those words could not be more true for you and your love for Poppy.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun postcard, love it.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x