Saturday, 13 September 2014

Daisy Dog

Here's my make for the Roc Nicholas Design Team for September, I tried to make it autumnal without screaming winter is coming!! I'm still LOVING this dog stamp, it's so versatile.
I took a little wooden bird house and extended what was a small round hole to a longer entrance fit for a dog and painted a base colour, when dry I painted with PVA glue and whilst this was wet I painted with the top coat, as the glue dries you get a crackle effect in your paint.
I stamped the dog on white card and coloured using distress inks and gave him/her a wet shiny nose with glossy accents. Finally for some embellishments I stamped Daisyhead on shrink plastic and cut out the daisy, coloured with Prismacolour pencils and shrunk.
Here are the links to the stamps I used: 
All of Roc's stamp designs can be found here at the Stampotique Online Store.
Wishing you a wonderful day, Sam xxx

17 comments:

  1. A fabulous little hose for the dog. Love the great crackle you achieved and the flower embellishments. Such a brilliant design.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute
    gorgeous work
    wish you one grat weekend
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah super cute,Sam. That dog stamp is wonderful,we all have a favourite stamp don't we :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so sweet and beautiful Sam. Love that dogstamp and you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is incredible sam! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what an adorable dog house! Just love it. I crackle my paint with pva glue too, so easy isn't it and you have used it to great effect.
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs to you and Poppy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your altered "bird" house, Sam (and a very clever altering, at that!). I do like the darker colors as we move into Fall, and adding your crackle technique is just perfect for aging the wood a bit! Sweet pop image here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Sam, she is a real cutie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so darn cute Sam, what a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie!!! Wonderful and brilliant project, I adore this... Sorry to comment only now though I saw it first on FB :) But of course the photo is much more better on you blog, so well worth seeing it again. And thank you for all the details, I love how you did the crackle, it's great!! Love the colours too, they are fab. Hope you have had a lovely week-end Sam. Hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like Daisy loves her new house! It's fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your Dog house with flowers, it is a fantastic project especially with that fabulous crackle effect :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too Cute!!!!!
    I want this little doggie - always love when he makes an appearance but this goes beyond cute.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x