Saturday, 25 October 2014

Anyone for Tea?

Summer seems to have suddenly disappeared here in England, it's colder and the nights are drawing in. It all means one thing, lots and lots of cups of tea. To be honest the kettle is always hot in my home and there are some days which need copious amount of tea!
This is my design team piece for Roc Nicholas this month, Roc loves making coasters so I thought I would have a try :)
I started with a 4in square piece of really strong cardboard/chipboard. I adhered some patterned paper and then painted all over with PVA glue then immediately on the wet glue I painted a cream coloured acrylic paint. As it dried the cracks and shabbyness appeared. I stamped Roc's brilliant Stacked Cups and  Scalloped Lace Border on some white card. Also the cupcake and sentiment were stamped on white card coloured and glued in place. To finish I painted Ranger's glue and seal all over and added some little sequins but a very subtle bling effect.
All of Roc's stamps can be found at  the Stampotique online store here
Wishing you a lovely day with lots of tea or coffee if you prefer ;), Sam xxx

14 comments:

  1. A fabulous coaster, I love the shabby background.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No coffee,tea for me...best thing in the world!

    This is super cute Sam,your artwork is always so lovely and sunny :)

    Have a great weekend

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coaster and stamps, looks fun and just what you need as a cheer up for the darker nights :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Sam, the peeled paint looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my world it's always time for tea!! This card could have been made for me, love it!!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't agree more, Sam. Milk, no sugar please :-) Your tea themed coaster is fab. I really like the blue, pink turquoise combo and the teeny tiny hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love your pretty teapot too Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that's very cute Sam, I love your coaster!! Big hugs to you and Poppy, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your coaster, Sam! I have "Stacked Cups" by Roc, and have used it several times, though mostly for coffee--ha! Great combination of stamps here, and your color palette, not to mention photography skills, are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful coaster Sam and you managed to get some pink in there LOL. I do like your teapot :) The kettle is always on here too - my favourite is Redbush tea, no milk or sugar thank you :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely, less pink and more blue, and a wonderful design. And gorgeous picture with the teapot on the background, too. Despite being Italian, I don't like coffee and I adore tea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree ... Love a cuppa :-) ... Gr8 project :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hot chocolate for me please :)
    This is adorable and I like the stacked cups and also the colour palette.
    Bringing joy to my life this cold November evening.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x