Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Pink, Purple and Black . . .

. . .  is the challenge hosted by Carol at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog this week. 
Whenever I think of teamie and friend Carol, I think of how she gorgeously decorates little boxes so here is my box homage to Carol :)
The stamps I used are all new releases:

I began by painting the box purple and letting it dry, then I painted pva glue all over and whilst still wet I painted with the cream colour, as it dried the cracks appeared. Nina, the text and the circles were stamped on tissue paper, coloured on the reverse and then applied with pva to the box. A silver button with pink threads finished the box nicely.
 Perfect for a little girl who likes to keep precious things safe.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. Not a colour combination I'd think of but this little treasure box is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute box Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little box, I love the "top secret" wording too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful little box Sam, perfect for a girl's treasures :)
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Nina looks really proud to be on your hommage box ! I love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little box, you still haven't told me what's in it :-)
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous little box.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuuuute!!! Your artwork is always so quirk and magical, tell me your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina is just adorable, Sam! Regardless of substrate, your art is always inspiring. Love your little box today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful box, very cute!!!!! This new stamps is really lovely, and in your hands and with your style perfect of course ;) Hugs to you and Poppy, have a very lovely week-end Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x