Wednesday, 26 November 2014

A Poe'stcard

A new challenge theme starts today at Stampotique it is hosted by the very lovely Kay and it really is a challenge!!! Here is what Kay had to say:
"My challenge this week is a simple one, but requires a bit of research on your part.  Just as many of the Stampotique Originals' artists design stamps that might be described as a bit "quirky," so, too, was Edgar Allen Poe a bit quirky.  He is a well known author and poet, living from 1809-1849.  His quotes range from the romantic to the melancholy, and from the thoughtful to the murderous!  The choice is yours.  Allow yourself some time this week to combine a quote from Edgar Allen Poe with one or more stamped images to create something unique!"
 I was familiar with Poe's name but that was about it so a little research was required to find some quotes of his work and my favourite is the one I used on my Poe'stcard ;)
The stamps I used are:
I do think Edgar had his heart broken a few times, poor old chap.
Wishing you a very lovely, warm day, Sam xx

(The team and I hope you can join in the challenge this week, just by taking part you are in with a chance of winning a $30/£18 gift voucher to spend at the online Stampotique shop)

12 comments:

  1. Ah Sam you are a genius, that fox really looks like Poe! It's so fun and I love the colourful halo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar's quotes are so fun and I love the one you chose with gentleman fox. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poe card, so clever Sam, fabulous project !
    Flying home today so get to see lara tomorrow!!!!!! Missed her soooo much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poe'stcard. Great quote too, perfectly paired with the Gentleman Fox !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and lovely work on this card Sam, fantastic association! A big hug to you and princess Poppy, I'm sure she's always of great help in your creativity and your inventiveness!! :D Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Sam! Love your foxy Poe! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at the Poe'stcard!! Fab and love the brightness!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the birds (Ravens) very much the silhouettes add drama to your beautiful quote :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Poe'stcard Sam, very clever and love the Poesque quote xx
    Hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Poe'stcard cracked me up, Sam! It is pure genius! All along, as I prepared for this challenge, I was planning to use this same quote of Poe's, but at the last minute used another. This one is one of his more rational quotes, in my mind. It is perfectly paired with your Stampotique image to add both an anchor and a bit of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Sam, Gentleman Fox is the perfect Poe, and this is a fab quote xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x