Wednesday, 5 November 2014

It's not winter till the last leaf falls from the trees . . .

. . . so I shall remember the lovely summer we had, lots and lots of glorious days in warm sunshine.
 Our lovely hostess this week at Stampotique is Arwen and the theme/technique she has chosen is 'Spotlight', here is what Arwen has to say:
"Hi everyone. Artwork consist of many small details that make a whole.This week I would like to see spotlights in your work.
Lift a detail of your artwork especially visible out.
xx Arwen"
You may have noticed I put theme/technique this is because I totally got it wrong for this weeks challenge, so sorry Arwen. Spotlighting as a technique involves colouring just one part of an image and it can also involve raising that part of the image too, I'm sure my teamies will show you the correct way to Spotlight!!!
When I saw the challenge theme I immediately thought of . . . spotlights lol. 
I love to spend time outside whatever the weather but warm sunshine must be one of natures best spotlights, give me a mint choc chip ice-cream and I'm a very happy girl.
The stamps I used are:
Although I got things wrong this week I did have great fun!!
Wishing you day filled with love and light, Sam xxx




16 comments:

  1. This is really fun, love it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it might not be the right spotlight, San, but it's a great spotlight all the same. Mine's a rum and raisin, ta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vibrant colors on your card, love the sun spotlighting your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love this little monster and his funky socks....oh my and his ice cream now! Love this,brilliant make

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your interpretation of this weeks challenge Sam, spotlights can mean many things to many people and i happen to think you have spotlighted your monster and his ice cream very well :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, I love that you used the sunshine to highlight monster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah summer is back! Awesome card Sam
    I love everything on it

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing wrong with this Sam, it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very little mistake, Sam. Anyway is so bright and funny that everyone forgive you. I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Sam, I did it wrong too ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is delightful, Sam! I love your interpretation of the spotlight technique. Great combination of stamps and color! Super warmth factor here. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have interpreted the theme in the same way Sam! Love the way you have spotlit your little alien with sunshine :) Hugs to you and Poppy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your vibrant summery card, makes me want to go straight through to Spring and Summer !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful art, and that little monster is adorable Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That makes me giggle Sam, so cute!!!! I want an ice-cream now Lol :D Hugs to you, also a big hug to Poppy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow fab card Sam, love the way you spothlighted your little monster!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x