Wednesday, 7 January 2015

New Year Resolution??

2015 is already a week old and I thought I would start this year how I finished last year, with a postcard :)
Over at Stampotique this week Claudine is inviting us to make art in relation to our New Year Resolutions, do you make New Year Resolutions? Personally I don't bother but I do look forward to any new year with  much optimism, hoping it will bring only good things.
For my happy thinking postcard I used the very beautiful Nina, Daisy Daisy, Sun Design and Scalloped Lace Border.
I decided to be a little loose with this postcard and just go with the flow, I tried using watercolours which I may not do again lol, and a little sparkle always makes me happy :)
I hope your 2015 got off to a good start for you, if you are feeling lucky why don't you enter the Stampotique challenge, you may win $30/£18 to spend at Stampotique. Good Luck!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx


16 comments:

  1. Really fun, love it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Sam, and it's nice to know that Summer's on it's way (eventually lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No resolutions for me, but a Happy thinking, yes! Lovelly happy postcard from you, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww this is such a delightful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the watercolours, Sam. Did you not like them? I don't make resolutions either - waste of time - but thinking positive, as in your sentiment, is always a good idea, especially in January, which has already gone on too long IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Sam, I love the flowers and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scene you have created for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely postcard Sam, wonderful playful colours and a hint of bling, how perfect :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your card is very cute ! Great colours !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fabulous Samantha and a great way to start the new year
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, Nina is beautiful and I adore her rosy cheeks! The Scalloped Lace Border is perfect to ground her, too! I am not a big fan of water colors either, Sam, but I vow to try again and work on my blending skills! I, too, look forward to good things to come in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very happy postcard too Sam. I love the sun shining and flowers :) Hugs to you and Poppy, we have a furry house guest at the moment as our daughter and sil's doggy is having a week's holiday with us :)
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x