Wednesday, 4 February 2015

A little bit of zing!

I keep telling myself that Spring is just around the corner, the daffodils are trying their hardest to make an appearance. This weeks theme at Stampotique is just perfect for this time of year, the lovely Sue is inviting us to use Citrus Colours in our creations, here is Sue's introduction:
"Ever since I was small I've loved the colour yellow and the rest of the citrus colours.They are just so fresh and always make me feel happy. So this week I want you to use citrus colours and spread the happiness!"
So I reached in to the darkest depths of my stash and came across some slide mailers crying out for some colour. A citrus combination is something I don't think I've ever done before so it really was a challenge!
It was very easy to decorate the slide mailer, a coat of gesso and then anything goes, a bit of wire and some beads for decoration finished it off nicely.
I hope lots of you find time to join in the challenge, just by entering you are in with a chance of winning $30 approx £20 to spend at the Stampotique online store :)
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

15 comments:

  1. Great idea to use slide mailers i have some hidden away... Fantastic colours and wonderful images as always Sam i think i will find this a mega challenge as i really dislike zingy citrus colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slide mailers...that's something you don't see much these days. Love what you''ve done with yours, Sam - the beads and the cut out flower spray especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours, great creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, this is just fab! The colors pop, "Jill Penney" is adorable, the sentiment perfect, and the bits'n'bobs capture my attention! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Sam! It's really zingy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a perfect job of the citrus colors. I love your hanging, so fun and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely Sam! Great design, lovely colours and very well executed !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another piece of fabulous art Sam...you never disappoint! I love the bright zingyness of this beauty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, gorgeous, gorgeous gorgeous!!! :D Hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is genius Sam, I love the way you work with wire and beads, and this is just so pretty and happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, so zingy and bright. Like you I would never have used these colours but they do look so fresh and cheerful :)
    Hugs to you and Popy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely, Sam!! Ok, Spring is not exactly around the corner, but your makes reminds me of it so strong!

    I've just moved DownUnder, so here it's very hot these very day...waiting for the cool Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sam
    You really do created the most darn cute artwork out there!
    What always strikes me is the way you create such cute art but the results are never childish. Anyway, I could only ever dream to be able to create art such as this.
    Fresh and zingy ... would brighten anyone's day.
    Wishes to you and Poppy
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! your wire work and beads and the gorgeous vivid colours make your hanging just stand out, this is really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x