Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Behind You!

Yet another week has sped by, I blinked and missed it! 
It's Wednesday again so another challenge theme begins at Stampotique, check out all the details here,
our hostess is Nellie and she is inviting us to use our favourite background technique. 
I remember reading somewhere a while ago that backgrounds are backgrounds and shouldn't dominate what you make, make of that what you will. To me a background can be anything you want it to be. Bright and cheery or subtle and understated.
 My favourite technique is to rip up an old book, at first I really struggled to do this as I love books, but I have just 2 books now that are just for this kind of thing. Once I've ripped up and stuck down bits of pages I like to paint them.
I have mentioned the arrival of Spring in previous posts but it really does feel a little like Spring now and I wanted to capture this for this weeks challenge so I chose happy colours and tried to make it look like the flowers were having a party to celebrate! 
The stamps I used are:
Agatha Star, for the star
and Tiny Handhelds, for the heart.
I hope it's Spring where you are and that you are having a lovely day, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love how colourful your background is Sam. Love bookpages coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Sam, love text under paint it's yummy, :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, love that you used the book pages it makes for a beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simplicity of your characters and the heartfeltness of your cards and projects. You capture a moment in time and emotion. Charming, just charming:)
    I love your work!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of stamps, Sam! Somethimes, background are the focal point and any image or sentiment plays a supporting role, and that's quite ok with me. Here, however, you have attained a great balance between background and foreground. Well done, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful Sam, love the happy colours. In terms of Spring arriving, we could have snow today lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your backgroundtechnique, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, I love that book page background Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your page so much Sam, adding book pages is a lovely technique but you have brought yours to life with your amazing colour choices.

    Spring has arrived but has brought snow with it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous and delightful Sam, I love your technique and your spring colours, also the stamps you used today are very lovely! I hope the sun will be present today around your house for your walk with Poppy! Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x