Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Sing a little song

Finally Spring looks like it may be just around the corner. The birds are singing their dawn chorus earlier and the daffodils are at last blooming.
It's a great time of year to see brighter colours. Talking of brighter colours this weeks challenge at Stampotique is hosted by the lovely Astrid. You can find Astrid's blog here and she is inviting us to use Neon colours in our creations. Here's what she said:
"At first I was a bit afraid of these intense colours, but after using them I really love them. They give your work such a nice 'pop'. I challenge you to use at least one Neon colour. Can't wait to see your eye popping work!"
When I saw this challenge theme I admit I was petrified. I love bright colours but neon is bright on steroids!
So I slightly wimped out and just used a touch of neon on my home decoration creation. The centre of the flowers are really neon and very bright. I was quite pleased with how they make the flowers pop.
The stamps I used are:
It's a little cute. A little whimsical with a touch of shabby chic . . . now where to hang it?
Don't forget just by entering the challenge you are in with a chance of winning $30 that's £20!!! to spend at the Stampotique Online Store here  
Wishing you a very lovely day. Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Aww I really like your framed photo, the subtle touch of neon colors is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the little touches that bring your picture alive, the tiny musical note is perfect as are the flowers on your very bright pink frame. think you've made neon rock :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely little project, Sam!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I feel like a bit of happy cheer n a big smile I come visit your blog Sam- your creations always provide just that . Another lovely make. Just enough Neon for my liking too . :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely Sam. I love the Crayon Circles background. Will my wish list never end lol. Have a lovely weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great combination of stamps, Sam, and the color (though difficult for me to use effectively) is beautiful! Great frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely frame, Sam. And I adore those warm and delicate colours, Spring is in the air! (ok not here, ;-)).
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This make is really adorable, I'm sure you will find easily a little place to hang it, it's so cute!! That's good that's the sun an spring are coming at last, I'm sure Poppy will appreciate even more your walks! Hugs to you both Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! Love those pretty colours Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x