Saturday, 11 April 2015

Heart and Art

Years ago I purchased some craft lolly sticks thinking they would come in handy sometime, they got covered up and moved to another room etc till they were rediscovered a few weeks ago, I thought it a little unfair they weren't achieving their crafty destiny so got to work!
This is my monthly make for the Roc Nicholas Design Team and uses just Roc's stamps which can be found at the Stampotique online store HERE and some shops in the UK, I keep meaning to get a list together and put at the side of my blog for UK Stampotique stockists! That is my next mission :)
I rambled, back to lolly sticks and stamps, I lay 10 lolly sticks flat and cut some thick card to just under the same size and glued in place, then I glued the horizontal lolly stick in place. doing this gave the whole structure some strength.
I then stamped Crooked HouseFlying Heart and Art Lives Here on white card coloured and stuck on. Technical stuff lol :) Now the next bit for me involved a bit of butchery, no hate mail please. I unmounted the rubber and cut out the words of Art Lives Here so I could easily stamp the text on the horizontal lolly stick. I managed to remove it in one piece so it can be placed back in the frame and mounted to use as a whole again. I finally added some glittery and dotty details along with some pearly gems and my card is finished.
I do hope you like it and I thank you for peeking at my little blog, wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

9 comments:

  1. this is so clever samantha! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun Sam, love that you used the sticks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe sooo clever Sam - can you see the smile your art has given me - Tis big n my eyes are a twinkling hunny - adore x
    MWAH xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love this work of art, Sam! The painted popsicle sticks are a brilliant backdrop for your stamped images--especially that Crooked House! Great use of the text stamp, too! You are such a wonderful rep for Roc's stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic Sam. I too have a stash of lolly sticks! I'd have been to scared to cut the stamp I'd have stamped it on some tissue and overlaid it. I think unmounting is the riskiest I'd get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see more lolly stick art, I love that wobbly house Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab Sam, I love your lolly sticks and the fact that they have achieved their crafty destiny lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the 'sticky' background !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Sam - a great way to use the lolly sticks, I have a bag full somewhere.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x