Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Hold On Tight

I'm over the moon to be hosting this weeks challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog and I've chosen a theme that I just love. It's Polka Dots! I love them! Whether it's a lot of polka dots or just an accent of polka dots they seem to make anything happy, cheerful, playful and fun.
I've chosen to make a large postcard, this one measures 5in x 7in. I painted the background and added details with stencils and silver embossing powder and then I stamped the main image on white card and coloured with matching colours, the heart I stamped again and painted pink, added silver embossing powder to the edges and used a stencil and modelling paste for the polka dots. For some texture I used crackle paint and some glitter that adds a little bling. Polka dots and bling = fun :)
I used just one Stampotique stamp called Hold On Tight, you can find it here, the stamp includes the text.
I can't wait to see what you make, most importantly, have lots of fun.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous colours, Sam. And I love the touch of silver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in this creation, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sam, I love your sparkle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A smashing postcard, the colours are lovely.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Sam on being the host . Beautiful postcard such lovely colours n perfect extra touches . Love the polka dot heart - the textured polka dots give the heart a real 3d effect - at first I wondered if you'd made it out of padded fabric !! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh i do love a polka dot Sam, wonderful theme this week! Great postcard, great colours and i like your accent of polka dots very much :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sam... This is a pure delight!!!!!!!! And do you what?.. I couldn't resist to make a new order recently to Stampotique despite my best resolutions, and whilst I have still not much time to play with my stamps.. and I completely missed this stamp! Really regret it now lol. Your postcard is amazing my dear. Big hugs to you and Poppy, and to Jack even more... Hope all things went well, really thinking to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dotty about your choice as hostess, I love a bit of polka ;) I am new to your blog and have had a lovely browse through your art. Love your style especially the cute wood design decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your challenge is most definitely fun, Sam, and your oversized postcard even "funner!" Love the zest created by your glitter and crackle! That image is perfect for offering up that lovely heart! Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Sam and such a fun challenge too thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who doesn't love polka dots?! This is gorgeous Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Sam and I love your choice of colours. Thanks for setting such a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x