Wednesday, 8 April 2015

In Stitches

Hello :) Poppy and I do hope you had a lovely Easter time with lots and lots of yummy choccies?
 It's that time of year when we start to venture outdoors to do jobs such as mowing, window cleaning and car washing and what do we find - Spiders! Love them or loathe them they seem to be everywhere, I read somewhere on the internet, so it must be true lol, that for every person on Earth there are 500.000 spiders!!!
Right back to stamps, it's Wednesday which can mean just one thing, a new challenge at Stampotique yay ;) all the details can be found here, this week our hostess is Coby, (check out her blog here), and here is what she has to say:
' I love stitches in my creations, some times stamped, sometimes made with the hand and sometimes with the sewing machine. I challenge you to use stitches in your creations.... '
My inspiration came from my best muse, Poppy. If she spots a spider, or any crawling insect, on the floor or walls she freezes to the spot and just looks at the bug, looks at me, looks at the bug, looks at me as if to say 'Are you going to get this or what?', she isn't happy till I've despatched the bug in some way. Yet one of her favourite doggy friends is a Great Dane which is huge!
I made this card for a dog/spider lover using the following Stampotique stamps:
I used a metallic thread for the stitches of the web and simply added legs and eyes to the polka dots to make eyes. Don't you just love the word discombobulated??
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. Great card, love the stitched detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Sam! Poor dog tho...I have many spiders in my garden but they are catching the other bugs so thats ok. Discombobulated is my favourite word, I use it whenever I can...that and one other which I can't type here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes discombobulated is a fantastic word Sam and am glad to see it is being used a little more! Your card is very funny, poor Poppy being caught in the spiders web lol. Loving the glittery web very much, i like spiders webs after the rain so you can see their intricate designs. Fabulous card and wonderful inspiration.

    Hope you didn't over indulge the chocolate over Easter but if you did all that gardening etc will burn those calories right off lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, and educational. I'll be thinking about your spider fact all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made the polka dots into spiders Sam! It's brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have me in stitches with your interpretation of this week's Stampotique challenge, Sam! Pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the word discombobulated although I had to look up what it meant ! lol.... I love your project, great how you put unlikely images together and Poppy giving you the inspiration for it ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! What a funny story about Poppy, I think dogs are darn cute and they really do have their own personalities. I love your project, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so fun, Sam!! Unusual combo for you, but the design is great! Never heard that word...

    ReplyDelete
  10. 500,000!!! I can believe that! Love your stitched web and spiders Sam, great piece of art! Love that word too :-)
    Hugs,
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant Sam, I love your (un)scary spiders. Your post did make my laugh because my sister has a huge Labradoodle - it's as big as Red Rum, and he's scared of EVERYTHING. Seeing him run backwards whenever you go to stroke him is hilarious. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol - I love this! Such a clever use of the polkadots and I love your web xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x