Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Freaky but fun!

One of the reasons why I love rubber stamping so much is the versatility each stamped image has, the only limits are your imagination. You can use the whole image, part of the image and you can chop and change. For this weeks challenge at Stampotique which is hosted by Arwen, (Arwen's lovely blog can be found here), we are focusing on the chopping and changing aspect, I like to think of it as mashing up!
Here's what Arwen has to say:
"I love to combine designs together. This time I want to see something funny. Combines a human body with an animal head. I am looking forward to your creations."
I had great fun mashing up two stamps, they were:
Best Buds  and Tulip and the text is from 3 Girls
For my ATC I painted the background and stamped the images on white copier paper, coloured them using Prismacolour pencils and stuck in place. I added the text by masking off the rest of the image and then added some star sequins and glitter, I can't help myself when it comes to glitter, I may need help!! Finally I gave it coat of beeswax to seal and blend all the components seamlessly together.
It was of course inspired a little by Poppy, she really loves cats when they are quite a distance away, then they come closer and Poppy will Woof, but when they come closer still, Poppy will run away with her tail between her legs!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

7 comments:

  1. Such a very cute card Sam! Love everything on it <3

    xoxo Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great, Sam. They seem to get on, unlike Poppy and cats ! ;o)
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! A great bit of stamp mashing Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous ATC, love the background - the colours are gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your imagination and this ATC Sam, wow, so cute and lovely!!
    Happy week-end, hope you will be able to see the little Jack and cover him with hugs and kisses... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and beautiful at the same time Sam, good luck with the glitter addiction :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x