Monday, 15 June 2015

Bokeh Cat

Before my best friend Poppy came along, I was a crazy cat lady and cats will always have a special place in my heart, especially crazy and fun cats ;)
I'm still in postcard making mode and it's my turn today to post for the Roc Nicholas Design Team, just in case you didn't know, Roc is just one of the wonderful stamp designers for Stampotique, you can find Roc's blog here and her stamps here.
For this postcard I mashed up 3 of Roc's stamps, Monster, Feline and Flying Heart. Learning to fly was slightly edited for this!
(Other Stampotique stamps used are: Queen of Everything (for the crown), Design cube, cracks and Daisy Daisy.)
A first for me I think . . . I used some washi tape, just a little on the edges. 
The background was great fun to make and was inspired by the Bokeh effect which can be used when editing photos, tutorials can be found on Pinterest. For my postcard I used distress inks and then a circle stencil and white paint, the big circles need to look faded and the little circles quite solid. It was fun to do and something I think I'll do again.
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

8 comments:

  1. Love the bokeh effect. So is Poppy a cat dog? Or does she just like chasing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background! And the mashup of stamps for kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear...what will Poppy say?! Lol!
    Love this Sam, great background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outcome on the Bokeh technique, Sam. Makes a lovely background for your sassy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a vibrant postcard ! Sam - a real cheer me up ! Think I'm gonna have to check out that Bokeh effect - impressive ! Love the white stars too - so effective n for a non cat lover I even like ya cat hehehe ! Poppy still wins tho hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this lots Sam, the background is fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x