Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Shimmer and Shine

There's a great challenge starting today at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog, our host is Kathi and she is inviting us to create something that Shimmer and Shines. As I'm a bit of glitter junkie this sounded great fun!!
Now I know that we are supposed to be in our summertime right now but I don't think anyone told the weather this, there is a very definite chill in the air which when making this project made me think of winter evenings with the curtains closed and the fire on and yes dare I say it . . . Christmas. I had so much fun making holes in a tin a couple of weeks ago I thought I would have another go :) This time I used just one stamp Giant Snowflake and followed the same procedure as I did for my other tin which can be seen here
To explain the photos, the left photo is in daylight and the second is with a tea light candle inside. It's much prettier in real life, especially when the candle flickers. My top tip is to use a screw rather than a nail, the thread of the screw gives you more control of your hole ;)
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

7 comments:

  1. Another lovely upcycling, Sam, methink too a little bit winterish ;-)
    No unfortunately Dido is not with me, I miss her so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of winter ! Brrr.... Nicely done, Sam !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love these, how fun and what a cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great metal project, Sam! Great stamp to use for a bit of Christmas cheer. I like this one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, this is superb!!! Perfect for Christmas a bit in advance Lol :) Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea ! Sam a real cheer me up for those dark wintery nights . I'm sold on the blue- my fve n usually go to colour . big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x