Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Monster Ink

Don't we all buy stuff thinking ' I love that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but I can't leave it in the shop '?. I know I do. I spotted this pendant in a bargain basket for £1 and knew it would come in handy one day, although I had pictured in my head a very girly, girl with stars and wings to adorn it. That was until this weeks challenge at Stampotique which is hosted by uber talented and very lovely Corrie, you can find Corries wonderful blog here. All the details for the challenge can be found here, but in a nut shell Corrie is asking us to include ribbon in our creations.
So that pendant got dusted off, some ribbon threaded, some glitter and pearls and a monster, yes a monster. Not a pretty girly, girl as planned, but I can't resist this stamp, which in my head I call Sock Monster, he is actually called Unicorn's Cousin. He got inked and stamped on to shrink plastic and coloured with prismacolour pencils and with my favourite colour combo I think he looks quite dapper ;)
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

13 comments:

  1. Brilliant result Sam, love the idea for a pendant and he is so much fun especially when shrunk LOL :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Sam he's perfect for your frame that you've given a real touch of class with those pearls and glitter . He really suits your fave colour combo too . Adorable Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call him what you will, I will call him Adorable! So cute, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little monster looks quite happy in his pendant - a lovely piece.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, I love what you've done this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks very dapper. I love how you interpreted my challenge !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, love love this pendant and your sock monster Sam, much more than if it was just a pretty girly girl!!!! Warm hugs to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam, I have sooooooooo missed your art (and Poppy, I have soooooooo missed you too!)
    Only you could take a bargain basement pendant and your Sock Monster (love that name!) stamp and create magic. This has your stamp all over it (excuse the pun).
    It might be late in the evening but you have brought a big smile to my face. Now, I hope I don't have a nightmare where I am being chased by a bedazzled Sock Monster :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha such a fun piece as always - love this Sam I am fine thank you, I hope you and Poppy are too.
    big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. But a little pink monster is moooore interesting and funny!
    Have a happy weekend, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your monster pendant Sam, it's perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant Sam, I love your dapper little monster xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x