Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Under The Sea

I haven't made a glitter jar for a few years now and when my mojo goes awol for a few days without warning  me I sometimes look at previous things I have made for some ideas. This project takes just a few hours to make although the silicone glue if you use it will need to dry overnight at least.
Firstly the lid needed a few coats of paint and a glass nugget superglued in the centre of the inside of the lid to give height to the seahorse. Reggie the seahorse was stamped on shrink plastic and coloured using Prismacolour pencils and then shrunk and superglued in place on the top of the nugget. The glass part of the jar was almost filled with water. I added some glitter and small star sequins and a few drops of glycerin to make the bling float for longer in the water when shock. I then sealed the lid using silicone glue. This is optional but will prevent leaks. The final decorations were made using beads on wire and I wrote the text on shrink plastic and shrunk.
Reggie in his little underwater world fits in perfectly with this weeks challenge at Stampotique hosted by Kristen. All the details can be found here and Reggie can be found here. If you in the UK like I am he can be found at Art from the Heart and A Sprinkle of Imagination.
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. I love Reggie in his glitter jar, a great idea.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Sam! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful Glitter jar! Sam - inspirational for sure . Reggies looking good in his home full of glitter . Ya so Creative big hugsto you Poppy n Reggie of course xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely magical Sam! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely must make one for my niece x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he love this idea Sam FAB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pesky mojo! Looks like you got it back with your seahorse jar. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely Sam!... I really regret Reggie... a friend of mine told me it wasn't nice, so I didn't bought it; But now, when it wee what you made with this stamp here (or some other ladies we know well each other), I miss Reggie!!! ^^
    Fabulous jar by the way! :) Have a great week-end, big hugs to you and your princess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the most magical imagination, I want to live in your head LOL. Everything is whimsical and glittery and a wonderful land of make believe. You always transport me to a happy place :)
    Please excuse my memory if what I am about to say had nothing to do with you (will Poppy also forgive me?!). Some years ago were you published in Craft Stampers with a glitter jar?
    Wishes to you and sweet Poppy
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, Sam. You have always such gorgeous ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x