Wednesday, 30 September 2015

A Child'ish Card

A new challenge starts today at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog. All the details can be found here but in a nutshell our hostess is lovely Janet and she is inviting us to make a card for a child.
When a hostess also designs stamps for Stampotique I like to use one of her designs and how could I resist this lovely lion. I cheered him up a little by masking the stamp whilst inking so I could draw a happier expression on his face just by slightly altering the eyebrows and mouth. A party hat and he's ready to rock 'n' roll.
I used gelatos for the background along with splattered alcohol inks and paints. Kids like touchy things so I added some texture with some modelling paste through a stencil.
I'm not sure who the recipient will be but who ever they are they are sure to be the mane attraction. Get it lol!
The stamps I used are: 
I do hope you like it. Wishing you a wonderful day. Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Love your color choices and background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Lion! Such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly wonderful, Sam !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great card and perfect for this challenge, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he's gorgeous. Not surprised you fell for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your Lovely Lion Samantha. Tis fab how you've funkied up his mane with those streaks of colour . The perfect party touch along with his hat . Great idea too to add some texture for the kids - such a thoughtful crafter - but then thats you my friend with a thoughtful kind heart . Hugs to you Poppy and Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Sam! Just noticed that Poppy is eating a light bulb! Heehee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, the lion is so cute.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. His expression is much more nice for kids like that Sam, fabulous idea and card once again, I love it, just perfect!!!! Big big hugs to you and your dear assistant... (how is she? :)) Coco

    ReplyDelete
  10. So love this, he is so friendly looking I want to hug him!!!!
    Definitely a card not only for kids, any big kid would love this also.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fab Sam, love that cute lion and those gorgeous colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x