Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Moon struck

I hope you are sitting down. I actually made a card! I've had some Kraft card lying around for a couple of years and thought it was time to use some for this weeks fab challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog. Nellie is our hostess and she is asking us to use just 2 stamps in our creations. I thought this was a great challenge as it really makes you look at your craft stash and use things you perhaps wouldn't use because 2 stamps may not fill up space on your creation.
The 2 stamps I used are: 
Small Moon wasn't facing the right way for me so I stamped it on tissue paper and painted it white to 'flip it over'. I put some gesso down on the card first so the colours would be true and painted the background with my fingers. I coloured Agatha using Prismacolour pencils and glued her in place along with the die cut scroll moon and stars. A pretty flower and some gems and a first for me . . some bakers twine.
I really enjoyed this and feel a whole series of these cards may be made!
All of the challenge details can be found here. Don't forget just by entering you are in with a chance of winning $30/£20 to spend at the Stampotique online store.
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx

10 comments:

  1. Love this Sam - beautiful colours and very clever use of the moon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly delightful Sam, love the blue finger painting, it looks very ethereal. Sorry not been around for a long while but I'm trying to grab moments to do some commenting. Hope you are well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sam! Amazing what you can do with only two stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Sam, Agatha Moon is so cute at the center of your large painted circle with all the shades needed to help us to feel the atmosphere and dimension of space and night.. the moon was the perfect stamp to use with!!! Big hugs to you and Poppy, hope she's doing well! ;) Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am here for my weekly pick me up because whenever I visit your beautiful blog, I leave feeling lighter of heart and that the world is full of kind creatures, sometimes a little on the ugly side but cute with it.
    Not Agatha, she is all cute especially surrounded by the sweetest of sentiments. I am sure this was made for either Poppy or Jack, maybe they are squabbling over who gets this card!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the lovely comments Ladies! Mwah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to echo the words of Lynne Samantha . Your crafty makes ALWAYS fill my heart with cheer and brighter the dullest of day! The starry moonlit sky is a perfect setting for Agatha flying freely with her heart . Love the text detail and the way you created the moon is so clever . I leave today with a smile on my face thank you Sam . Big hugs to you Poppy and Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally beautiful Sam, love your finger painted background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Sam, I love how you have got your blue all swirly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x