Wednesday, 2 September 2015

Perfectly Primary

I can't believe it's already Wednesday again and it's September so depending on where you are Summer is almost over or just beginning. Summer didn't really get going here in England and yesterday I had to wear my welliboots. Talking of shoes check out this chaps winkle picker shoes they are so adorable!
Being a Wednesday it's a new challenge theme at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog all the details can be found here. Our hostess is the lovely Sue and she is asking us to use primary colours.
 Here is what Sue has to say: "Take 2 of the 3 primary colours (and the colours that they create when mixed) and just use these on your creation. You can also use black and white if you like. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create."
I had great fun with this challenge it was something I hadn't consciously tried before and it was first time inking this chap.
To make my postcard I spritzed the white card and then dropped distress inks on the card. Spritzed again and then held the card upright to the colours would run. The dots are embossed with white powder to make them pop and the text was made using a random alphabet set I had lying around, of which I have quite a few! You can't have too many alphabet sets.
Here's a list of all the stamps I used:
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

14 comments:

  1. Love your postcard, I remember winkle pickers I had several pairs, lol, then I had children and well, I much prefer my comfy old converse now. Love the stamp you've used mine arrived on Friday can't wait to use him. Thank you for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so bright and cheery, Sam! I just love it! Watch your Winkle Pickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sam, I love your background, and white embossing is one of my favourites xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this one ! Sam Love the combo of colours and all your added detailing in black and white! Not forgetting those winkle pickers of course - they are so 'on point' lol . big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, winkle pickers! I love this, it's so darn cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful postcard Sam.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam, I'm back on your blog for my greatest pleasure!! Fabulous card to start a bit of catching-up on one of my favourite blogs... :)
    Your spritzed background with bright distress ink colours is absolutely gorgeous and perfect with this soooo lovely stamp (I don't have it of course, I'm terribly jealous lol).
    Sad to read that you didn't get too much sun this summer in England...! Happily such bright creations must make you feel good anyway I guess!
    Big hugs, with a special one to Poppy ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant, Sam! They must be blue suede shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Sam ! You chose the same colours as me ! And the same flags lol.... great minds eh?
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this card!...love the colors you've chosen...and I have no idea what that sentiment means but I love it! What the heck are winkle pickers?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super lovely, Sam. Gorgeous use of blue and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I cannot resist
    "Are you dancing?!" Seriously, I am not so old that I had those words said to me but I couldn't resist a bit of fun. Although not too sure I want to dance with a guy who wears winkle pickers in 2015!
    The colours are so zingy and fresh, in my hands they would be a muddy mess! I just love the upbeat feel of this.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely awesome Sam! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous, love the colours Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x