Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Birds and Bees

I'm reminiscing about summer again for this weeks challenge at Stampotique which is hosted by lovely Claudine and the theme she has chose is 'Birds and Bees'.
I had loads of fun with these fabby colours. I started by gluing down some strips of card stock and a flower punch and adding some texture paste through a stencil to the bottom and some circles for the sun. I then just went crazy with 13 different colours adding a thin layer of gesso to blend the colours together a little and mute the colours just a little.
I stamped the girl and bird on white card and coloured using Prismacolour pencils. The Stampotique stamps I used are:
Ta-dah for the girl
Monster News for the bird
All the challenge details can be found here just by entering you are in with a chance of winning $30-£20 to spend at the Stampotique online store! WhooHoo! 
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx


7 comments:

  1. That's the first thing I thought when I saw your card - Summer! And I really like how, once you look past all that yummy colour, you see the texture. Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, I just love the colors and the background is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a wanna be too Samantha! I love your card - Bravo. I am now subscribing to your blog!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulously cheerful plethora of colour ! Sam and just the right intensity too . Its take s a very talented lady ( you ) to be able to use so much colour so well without it looking too overwhelming . Love the added texture too and lovely Ta dah big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, the colours are so you Sam! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, totally adorable!!!!!
    I love the little details on this lovely scene, like the tiny cute bird at the feet of this girl stamp, just fantastic! :D
    Big hugs Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright and beautiful colours - it's fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x