Saturday, 10 October 2015

Home is where . . .


It's suddenly seems to be very cold so I'm tucked up in my house keeping warm by snuggling Poppy and  drinking hot chocolate whilst remembering summer and dreaming about Spring 2016.
I'm also warming up for my new design team position for Susan by decorating a canvas using the fabby stamp set called Create Your Day which can be found here
It's my first attempt at a box canvas but I found it great fun because you can carry your design around the edges and on top!
I started by gluing strips of paper and die cut flowers on the bottom of the canvas before painting all over and adding the flourish with a 
stencil.
The house was die cut and the roof is corrugated cardboard. All the images were stamped on white card and glued in place after colouring with Prismacolour pencils and the white flowers are heat embossed with white embossing powder by just inking the flower head of the stamp.
The text was one of many random alphabet stamp sets.
Wishing you a very lovely day. Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. Oh Sam, this is gorgeous! We must be on the same wavelength today because I was just doing some "Home is where the heart is" Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas and lovely bright colours just what we need with the cold dark nights coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your box canvas, it may be your first but definitely will not be your last. Canvases are very addictive, it's a fab project. Sue J X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas Sam! I love how your design continues on the edges! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing! Thanks so much for showing me your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful canvas Sam, lovely colours and a great design.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful - especially your canvas!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous make Sam .- love how you have taken your design around the sides of your canvas . Enjoy your new position as a design team member . - They are so lucky to have you and talent big hugs to you and Poppy and stay warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Sam,so pretty and I really like how your scene continues all around the sides xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is superb, Sam! Will make a nice decoration for sure.
    You and Poppy can "pop" over here to Florida! We had "feels like" temps in some areas of +100 degrees today, with actual temps of +87 degrees. Summer doesn't seem to want to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evening Sam, This is so superb and lovely, couldn't miss this project before I go to bed, wow!.. :)
    Fantastic box canvas up to all around the edges, I adore the poetry of this artwork.

    Big hugs to you and little Princess Poppy :)
    Coco xxx

    PS: it's very hard for me at the moment to manage all things correctly for starting my new activity in parallel to the rest, so don't worry if my visits are not much frequent as usual until Christmas pls... Things should go back to normal after that time! At least I really hope so!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x