Wednesday, 21 October 2015

My 500th Blog Post!

Well I never would have thought that a few years ago when I started this thing called blogging that I would have made it to 500 posts! And there's no better way to celebrate than with 4 of my favourite things: Blue Pick Up Trucks, flowers and making a postcard using my favourite stamps, Stampotique of course.
Lovely Gez is our hostess at Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog this week, all the details are here, and she is asking us to use the colour combination of blue and brown. Such a fabby colour combo!! 
I began with a piece of 4 inch x 6 inch white card and painted it a few shades of very neutral beige. I stamped the grass using brown ink and the truck was stamped on a separate piece of white card before being coloured using Prismacolour pencils and glued in place. I think the black splats add a bit of masculine drama and the stars add a little romance.
The stamps I used are:
I hope one day my prince will come and I hope he drives a blue pick up truck!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on 500
    awesome card
    have a lovely day
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were my school uniform colours (heavy on the brown)! Nonetheless I love your truck. Congrats on reaching 500 posts, Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sam ♥ Wishing you a truck load of flowers today my lovely. Here's to your next 500 posts! CHEERS! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I love this, Sam! I'm a huge blue fan too, so this flower-filled truck is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 500th blogpost ! Gorgeous card, Sam !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sam! A wonderful little postcard to celebrate! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the same for you Sam!!! :D
    Wonderful card, love this trunk too especially in your colours... and the atmosphere you gave on this card is fabulous! :)
    Big congrats on your 500th blogpost (I'm not far from you haha, just checked and it's already 480! Oooh... :))
    Big big hugs Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous postcard Sam. Congrats on your 500th post.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 500 posts Sam, and I love your blue pick up truck. I hope your prince drives into town soon! Hope you and Poppy have a fab weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Sam, I'm looking forward your quirky and lovely creations every single time, they put me a smile, always! Have a gorgeous Sunday, gio

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH I LOVE this ! Samantha I always wanted a truck like that myself . Fabulous . Congrats on your 500th post and every one of them a pleasure to see . Big Celebratory hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x