Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Scary Confusion

There's a fab new challenge starting today at Stampotique. Arwen is our hostess and the theme she has given us is ' Scary Confusion '. Personally I don't like scary things but what is scary for one may not be scary for another. The sentiment above is something which used to scare me when I was a young teenager. I guess for as long as we all live we wonder about our existence in one way or another. 
Back to the rubber! How many Stampotique stamps did I use? Here goes:
The main character is Agatha Star 
other Stampotique stamps I used to make the background on patterned paper are:
The text was made using random alphabet stamp sets which I'm sure most stampers will have lots of . . . or is that just me? lol
Agatha was coloured using Prismacolour pencils and the background stamping was made using Martha Stewart ink pads and the background paper is Crafty Individuals with some book pages and tissue paper for some texture.
All of this weeks challenge details can be found here! Good luck.
Wishing you a wonderful day. Sam xxx

14 comments:

  1. What a great take on the challenge, Sam! All those "things" that float around our brains and creep us out at the most unexpected times. :::shudder!:::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome Sam <3 Love all the little details!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good question, I love your piece for this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is scary ! lol Fantastic as always, Sam !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I for one cannot resist a wee touch of existentialism which if given thought, can have a slightly scary edge to it, once we start to probe too much.
    I absolutely love this. There is a beautiful quality to the art as a whole, reminding me of an illustration in a book. So love the style.
    Wishes to you and Poppy
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab Sam, so pretty, but that thought really is scary! Hope you and Poppy have a lovely weekend - if it ever stops raining! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous
    I admire your work and fab style
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant Sam, I love everything about it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabby art Sam! Definitely not good to think too much on our existence! Lol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Talk about a "state of confusion," this is a perfect interpretation! Brilliant work, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not scary, it's gorgeous and super lovely, Sam. I adore the messy background: it's full of details and layers.
    Have a nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be late commenting dear Sam. It doesn't mean that I don't like this, because I DO. Even LOVE... Not scary at all, just so beautiful!!!! Big hugs, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to have a bit of existential crisis amidst the stamping :-) Her expression is perfecr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A thought provoking quote that could have real depth but you have given it a much lighter touch ! Sam with your delicate almost ethereal background and Agatha looking up in innocence .
    Beautiful big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x