Wednesday, 18 November 2015

At the movies . . .


. . . is this weeks theme at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.
Our hostess is the uber talented Corrie whose wonderful blog can be found here.
Corrie is inviting us to be inspired by movies or movie stars.
One of my favourite movie stars is Bruce Willis and the last film he was in that I went to see at the cinema was The Sixth Sense. I had a bit of shock when I just Googled the film as I couldn't remember when I went to see it and it was 1999!! !999!! And my all time favourite film Top Gun is 30 years old next year. I am feeling old now lol.
I started my postcard by stamping the Heads stamp in 3 places and colouring with Prismacolour pencils. I then gesso'd over the top to give them an ethereal feeling. I glued some strips of card for a little texture. I then painted the postcard using a Martha Stewart paint called Wet Cement. I thought it very appropriate as wet cement is quite a good place to hide dead bodies . . . so I'm told!
I stamped Heart Boy on some card and again used Prismacolour pencils to colour. I glued him in place and added the text using random alphabet sets. 
I really enjoyed making this and I hope I've not scared you with the wet cement!
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx


15 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, I remember that film too heart boy stamp is perfect for this SDC project. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sam you've really nailed that movie! Brilliant depiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the movie, but I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, one of my favorites. Great job this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this one Sam. Genius creative interpretation of your fave movie using one of my fave Stampotique stamps and one I actually own lol - heart boy ! Loved the film Sixth Sense but can't say I share your love of Mr Willis. His role and persona in Moonlighting put me right off . Where does the time go hey . big hugs to you and Poppy and Jack and hope you are doing good xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that.... Fantastic how you painted the heads.....
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant Sam, Heart Boy is perfect here as are the 'dead people' We've just been to see the new Bond film - Daniel Craig is very easy on the eyes lol. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scary, isn't it, how time flies? I still think of the ninetines as 10 years ago LOL. Anyway, great interpretation using the heads stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a wonderful gift Sam - this is stunning and so original. Ray. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sam... This is totally brilliant!! Wonderful postcard, just pinned this one onto my favourite Stampotique gallery of great makes by others :)
    You're yourself uber-talented, and not old at all... :D :))) At least I think so really.
    Hugs to Poppy and you, hope you're having a beautiful Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are not old, we are vintage. And the zombies are everywhere today...so this card is super uptodate!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this, the heads are fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this - I seem to like everything you do!!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x