Sunday, 15 November 2015

Be grateful

 For those of you who may not have realised . . . Christmas is coming!!! I'm joking. I'm sure Everyone knows! For me it's a time to be grateful for what I have and to remember loved ones who are no longer with me. I actually do these things every day but Christmas always seems to heighten any emotions you may be feeling don't you think?
I've noticed sequins are EVERYWHERE in crafting right now so I thought I should try to use some just to make sure I'm being cool lol. It's also my turn for the Roc Nicholas design team and I couldn't resist using this fab stamp combination. I used Roc's wonderful Polka Dot Dog and Roc's Tree. Roc's stamps can be found here at the Stampotique Online store.
I also used another Stampotique stamps called Snowflakes for the background. 
I used some gold embossing powder for the snowflakes and prismacolour pencils for colouring. Some glitter snow and those red sequins added some more bling.
It never fails to amaze me just how difficult it is to photograph glitter and shiny things rofl.
I hope you like my postcard.
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx



14 comments:

  1. Ooook, I am already overwhelmed with Christmas cards on the web, but this one is the cutest, adorable card that I've seen until now. The design, the dog, the tree, it's a very good design. Brava Sam, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Sam, beautifully designed. Hope you are all well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your postcard! It is simply fabulous, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Samantha. Really festive and beautifully twinkly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and so very true !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this sam! that tree rubber stamp has a special meaning for me. SO happy you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't those red sequins make fantastic tree baubles! I'm out of the loop, craftwise, so I'll take your word for it they are the new 'in thing' but they work beautifully here with the glitter snow and embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What ..... Christmas! Nobody told me LOL. You are a cheeky one :)
    Sam, you already know that I love this. Any art with a dog will always tug at my heartstrings but it is the way this dog is looking towards this wise Christmas tree and in light of the recent tragedy in Paris, well it certainly made me stop and pause for a moment longer to just take stock.
    A very wet day here and I can still hear the rain against my window (excuse me whilst I burst into song and at the same time show my age!!!!)
    Wishes to you and Poppy
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely postcard.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on Facebook, Sam, and love it. You are certainly right that the text stamp is a wake-up call to us all! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww such a heartfelt 'word tree' and love how you have spotlighted it with your red sequins Sam . The added sparkle and Polka dog only add to the wonderful design .
    So lovely . Take care Sam and big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is irresistible Sam... Just pinned it onto my 'Stampotique Gallery made by others', couldn't resist, it is so cute!!!! :)
    Sending you my warmest thoughts and feelings for Christmas my lovely Sam, I know how much it's hard to live without the ones we loved and miss so much.
    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x