Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Box Clever


I love a bit of recycling and just love saving a cardboard box from the wheelie bin and turning it in to something pretty and fun. I'm also excited to be hosting this weeks challenge for Stampotique. All the details can be found here. I'm inviting you to use a cardboard box in your creation. You can keep it as a box or cut it up and make it morph into something completely different. Just have fun!
I've always been fascinated by the moon and stars and spent many hours as a child lay on the grass in the garden with my dad and his telescope. I didn't see a man on the moon though! I recently received some new Stampotique stamps and completely fell in love with Bunny Boy. I'm a massive fan of Wallace and Gromit too and I love A Grand Day Out so Gromit's space rocket was the inspiration for my pink rocket. 
I started my little project by cutting some cardboard in to a square and applying modelling paste through a stencil to make the craters. I painted the moon yellow because it's made of Cheddar Cheese of course!
I drew my rocket and cut that out of cardboard too. I wanted the cardboard background to be visible so I didn't paint it completely and peeled back some of the cardboard layers. I stamped some stars and glued some stars on.
I added some sticky gems for another little detail and put some glossy accents on Bunny Boy's visor.
The stamps I used are:
Wishing you a lovely day. Sam xxx

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Sam. Beautiful piece x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Sam! Now to find a spare moment to work on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great rocket, great colours too ! Fantastic Sam!
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea and fantastic recycling, love everything about this project, so cute and clever!!! This is all you!! ^_^
    Big squeezy hugs from me to you and Poppy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam
    Your art never, ever fails to bring a smile to my face.
    Stunning recycling and I say lucky Bunny Boy to own a pink rocket and I love that it is a cheesy moon.
    An absolute delight :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Samantha. It's so much fun. Fabulous bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colourful moonscape Sam, the pink rocket is fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be one of the greatest challenges ever, Sam! Love your "Star Wars" imagery here. Your have created great depth and fun with your cardboard today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is brilliant Sam, I love Wallace and Gromit too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and fun Sam - lovely bright colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam your creativity always has that touch of happy that makes my days brighter . I love how you bring your ideas to life for us all to enjoy . This is wonderful big hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Sam x